Where can I go to get a Protective Order?
You can obtain a Protective Order from Jackson County Courthouses in Kansas City or Independence. An Adult Abuse Office is located in the courthouse of each city. There will be people there who will be available to help with the paperwork.

For more information, contact one of the following:
Kansas City Adult Abuse: 816-881-3974, 415 East 12th Street, 3rd Floor
Independence Adult Abuse: 816-881-4600, 308 West Kansas

Show All Answers

1. What is a Protective Order?
2. Am I eligible for a Protective Order?
3. What does a Protective Order do?
4. Where can I go to get a Protective Order?
5. How long does it take for a judge to issue the Protective Order?
6. What happens if a violation takes place?
7. How long does the Protective Order last?
8. What if I want to change the order?
9. How do I file criminal charges?
10. Do I need to apply for a Protective Order if criminal charges are filed?
11. What is a safety plan?